The most annoying part in buying a mattress is that most of us are not sure about our original needs. We don’t really understand what the problem is.
Further, sometimes our friends and colleagues influence our decision by giving all sorts of wrong ideas. The best practice is to analyze yourself for all your needs and demands in a mattress. If you are a side sleeper then determining that only would solve a lot of problems. This guide will help you to logically reach the conclusion for buying the most suitable mattress for your side sleeping needs.
Answering a few questions:
People should think in all directions when looking for the best comfort related option for them. If you are an out of a box thinker then all the crucial aspects would be analyzed by you. The side sleepers need to answer the following few questions that will take them a step closer to their best mattress for back pain:
- Do you feel pain, fatigue or tiredness of any sort at the time you wake up in the morning?
- Is your mattress older than 10 years or more?
- Do you feel any king of sagginess in your mattress?
- You sleep for good 7 to 8 hours, but still feel the need of sleeping more.
If you are a side sleeper and your answer to any of the above question is a yes, then you need to seriously think about buying a new mattress to address all your needs.
Things to ensure in your ideal side sleeping mattress:
There are a number of things which you need to satisfy before confirming one as your final buy. The following is a list of some of the things which you need to check in a mattress before buying:
- The spinal position for the side sleepers is very crucial while they sleep. The mattress must be supportive to side sleepers and at the same time, it should give you excellent position for your spine. If not then sooner or later you might develop some back pain issues.
- The mattress should be good in not transferring a lot of motion while side sleeping. If you move in the sleep, then the mattress should be such that it keeps your partner unaware about your moves.
- The mattress must come with a clear and useful warranty. If you approach any quality mattress maker, then chances are there that you could get a lifetime warranty on your mattress. Try not to settle on anything that offers a warranty of less than 5 years. Anything lesser on warranty wouldn’t give you the peace of mind on the heavy investment that you are looking to make.
- Measurements are the critical things related to the mattress which most of the people forgets. You must measure everything in terms of the dimensions of the mattress. If shopping online, then fully confirm that is the mattress would fit your bed or otherwise the experience can be so frustrating.
All of the above mentioned factors are important in determining the best mattress for a side sleeper. You should be careful enough, while making your decision in order to avoid any mistake.
The side sleepers look for a mattress which complements their natural sleeping posture which is sleeping on the side of their body. A mattress with good support for side sleepers is the one which contour right according to the different curves of their body and also evenly distribute the weight of their body.
The best mattress for side sleepers available in the market is by far the memory foam which is typically designed to support such body postures. A lot of research done in such systems reveals that they have a lot of disadvantages as well, which are other than the many perks that the user experience. ==
The comfort seekers should evaluate both the disadvantages and the advantages before they come up with their own decision. However, it has been observed that the advantages easily outnumber the disadvantages which make the memory foam ideal for the side sleepers. Still, it is important to discuss the disadvantages and advantages as well, which we will see in the sections to come.
Advantages of memory foam:
There are a number of advantages with the memory foam mattresses which are given below for your kind consideration:
- The major advantage of the memory foam is its capability to evenly distribute the weight of the body which eventually helps the users to relieve all the pressure points of the human body. This is a capability which no other air, spring or the latex mattress will offer.
- The memory foam requires body heat, which then allows it to soften the surface and then supports all the natural curves and shape of the human body.
- The memory foams are known to isolate movements in the bed. If you have a queen or king size mattress which you are sharing with your partner, then the partner sleeping with you will be completely unaware about your movement or turns that you take while sleeping on the bed.
- The top quality memory foam which comes with the minimum foam density of 5 pounds is known to be very durable and will last for a long time to come with no issue noticed in terms of its deteriorating quality.
- The side sleepers will have the best benefit associated with this system. Using a pillow of memory foam type will give you a lot more benefits. Your shoulder and neck will be well protected and you will have lesser issues related to falling off the pillow while sleeping. It is a common problem which people issues in many other types of pillow available in the market.
Disadvantages of memory foam:
The following are the rime disadvantages which are few but still worth having a look at:
- The foams of this type have greater sensitivity to heat and for this reason there are at times when people find themselves sweating a lot when sleeping on such type of mattress.
- There is another issue reported which is that the memory foams are known to take a considerable amount of time to adjust their body into different other postures.
- There is a big off gasing where the foam emits some dangerous chemical gas, which can be hazardous to human health. However, this is an issue related to only substandard foams produced by ill-reputed manufacturer. If you shop well for the best product and the best manufacturer who is certified then this problem can be eliminated. Another common issue is that of the unpleasant odor, which is common, but not as dangerous as the gas. It fades away in some time.
So memory foam might be a best mattress for side sleepers but it comes with its own range of pros and ocns that you should be considering very well.